Saturday, January 19, 2013

How to make awesome laundry detergent.


I am going to share with you my favorite recipe for laundry detergent that brightens clothes,  cleans everything and smells great. 
The ingredients, 
1. Pink Zote Soap , you can use blue or white also i just happen to like pink. (http://www.zote.com.mx/english/fre_as.htm ) 
2. 20 Mule team Borax ( my box broke i do not have a picture but here is a link to all its uses and where to find it. ) http://www.20muleteamlaundry.com/
3. Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
I get all these ingredients from my local Walmart. If you cannot find them you can order them online. 
It took me a while to find the right recipe that is strong enough . Out of 3 boys I have a baby who loves to wear his food on his clothes, and a son that wets the bed. The recipes I found were not strong enough to get out the smell of urine from sheets so I  had to sample for a while till I got the right mixture. This recipe leaves clothes smelling great, bright, and clean . I have heard this mix works for cloth diapers as well, (I recommend soaking the diapers in borax first. ) 


The Recipe to make 1.95 Gallons
2 Cups  Grated Zote soap
1 Cup Borax
2 Cups Super Washing Powder
First get a pot, ( I have one i do not use for cooking ) Boil half the pot full of water
Grate the Pink Zote , add to pot and bring to a broil until the soap dissolves
At first it will be very watery, let it sit for a few minutes till it is a bit thicker constancy. Then add other ingredients and stir.


After all ingredients are mixed thoroughly , move mixture to your container. I use a 1.96 gallon container from previous Xtra i brought. I use a funnel so the mixture goes in easily. 
After you have transferred your mixture, Fill the remaining container with water. and shake ( lightly) 
Let sit for 24 hours to thicken. 
Hurray !!!!  You have soap. 

...let me know how your mixture went...and pin this post for later use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment